Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 13 January 2014

Thinking of You

Morning crafters, hope all is well with you all?

My check up with my hand went well yesterday, I now have a smaller dressing on which I still have to keep dry for another 3 days much to the dismay of the men in the house as they are now having to do the washing up lol!

What a lovely weekend of sunny weather we have had down here in the South, its been cold at times but its good to see the sun again. No doubt it wont stay for long its getting cold enough to snow. Even my cats notice the change as they are not staying out for long!

I have always liked these delicate lacy cards I see other crafters make, especially out of one die being used as the card and not just a decorative layer, so I thought I would give it a try, ha! ha! Not as easy as they look! This was my second attempt! Still not great but okay. It took me hours to get it right and I wanted to try one with Labels 25 but I think that can wait awhile!

For this one I used S.P. Radiant Rectangles, at first I folded the Centura Pearl card in half and laid the die on top using the largest frame, it was only after cutting that I realized I had cut the card in two and left no fold for the top, silly me. Of course then I realized I had to omit the largest cutting frame that cuts the edge! I also found that I could not cut the card folded I had to cut one side at a time and line the die up to match, I do hope this makes sense? Anyhow, even after putting both sides through my E-Bosser twice I still had to cut pieces out, very fiddly. At the moment I am not too impressed by the E-Bosser as I find it does not cut as well as the Grand Calibar, even with extra shims, that is unless you put the die on upside down then it cuts through the magnetic sheet no problem lol!!!
I eventually got the card looking the way it should and added the next frame down, this one was one I had in my stash from months ago that I had coated in micro beads so I decided to use that, the next layer was the decorative center of  Radiant Rectangles which I cut using Centura Pearl Pastel card.

I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Classic Sentiments with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage and heat embossed with Papermania Clear Embossing powder. I cut that out with the smaller oval die from the same set. I wrapped some Cream Organza ribbon around the decorative frame and tied into a bow at the side, then attached my sentiment on top.
I added three small cream Rosebuds in the center of the bow to finish the card. I think the finish look is rather pretty but its a very fiddly card to make. The finished dimensions are:6X4"


I have entered this card in the Addicted to CAS Challenge #29

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.