Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 16 September 2013

Wisteria


 Monday Morning to you all, Another guys card, this is one I did for my Nephew last year.

May I add a warm welcome to Pauline,There is some beautiful work on her blog, you can find her here: 

 http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk

Items Used:

  • Basic White 8" x 8" card
  • Brown card
  • Tan card
  • White card
  • Lime Green card (off cuts)
  • Sweet Poppy Stencil - Wisteria
  • Dreamweaver Stencil - Grid
  • Bakers Twine - Yellow
  • Spellbinders Dies - Fancy Frames Tags Two
  • Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Folder - Asian
  • Creative Expressions Large Fancy Sentiments
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Crushed Olive & Vintage Photo
  • Papermania Clear embossing Powder
  • Versamark Ink Pad
I embossed my Brown card through  Spellbinders M-Bossibilities Folder - Asian and put this to one side,
On some White card I stenciled through Dreamweaver Stencil - Grid with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Crushed Olive, being as this is only a small stencil I had to do it twice but it was really hard to line up exactly in order to have the grid in the correct place, these stencils have a boarder round them a lot wider that the grid in the center so trying to guess how much to allow was hard which is why, if you look close enough, there is a bigger gap in the middle. Now I wanted the Wisteria to fill in the whole area through the grid and as this is a larger stencil it meant doing it in two halves, you replace the grid stencil back in position onto the edge of the card and placing the Sweet Poppy Stencil - Wisteria over the top I stenciled through using Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Crushed Olive & Vintage Photo, I then had to remove both stencils and move the grid one back over the other half, replace the Wisteria one over the top and stencil in the remainder. I know this must sound complicated but it wasn't, just a bit fiddly, if I had two stencils the same size there would not be a problem. I then removed the Wisteria stencil and inked up over the grid stencil with my Versamark Ink Pad, I did this with both halves then heat embossed with Papermania Clear embossing Powder, this gave it a ceramic tiled effect.

I matted this onto some Tan card then attached it to the left side of the Brown embossed card I had put aside earlier. With some Bakers Twine - Yellow I wrapped this round the Brown card three times as seen, I then matted this onto my base card, using some off cut Lime Green card I stamped my sentiment with Creative Expressions Large Fancy Sentiments and Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, I die cut with  Spellbinders Dies - Fancy Frames Tags Two and attached it to the center of the twine I had wrapped round the card.

There you have the finished card. A little fiddly because of the smaller stencil but quite effective. I hope you like it?
Thanks for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.