Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 September 2013

Butterfly Birthday


Hi Bloggers,
Welcome to my site, I am new to Blogging but my aim is to show you some of my hand made cards and hope to give you some inspiration to make your own. I aim to post a new card each morning so please do join my blog and comment and let me know what you think. Thank you.

Today's cards are a mixture, I have put 4 on to start with, so here we go.
Items Used:
  •  Basic White Card
  • Turquoise Pearlescent Card
  • Lime Green Pearlescent Card
  • Crafters Companion Snow White Gold Centura Pearl Card Pack
  • Marianne design Butterfly Die LR0113
  • Spellbinders D-Lites - Petite labels One
  • Justrite Cling Large Fancy Sentiments
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbling Glass and Black Soot
  • Couture Creations Embossing Folder - Damask Serenity Collection
  • Crafters Companion  Top Score Multiboard 
  • Own stash - Flat Backed Pearls and Double Sided Adhesive Tape      

I first folded a basic A4 size card in half to make an A5 size card. I embossed some Crafters Companion Snow White Gold Centura Pearl Card using Couture Creations Embossing Folder - Damask Serenity Collection, as this did not quite fill the whole of the card I decided to add some interest at the bottom using Crafters Companion  Top Score Multiboard scoring in the lines at equal spaces. I stuck this on the card using Double Sided Adhesive Tape

Using some  Crafters Companion Snow White Gold Centura Pearl Card I cut out two Butterfly's with the Marianne Design Butterfly Die LR0113, I then placed the die onto some Turquoise and Lime Green Pearlescent card and cut round the butterfly die to create two background butterfly's to sit underneath my die cut butterfly's, hope this makes sense, I attached the White butterfly's  with some glue just down the centre of each so the wings would lift up of the card to look like they were flying. You could use any colour background card but I chose these as they are my two favourite colours and  I think work really well together and look so fresh. I added three Flat Backed Pearls down the centre of each butterfly to give them a body and to add interest. I placed these on the card opposite directions and at an angle going up the card.

I stamped my Sentiment from Justrite Cling Large Fancy Sentiments onto some White card using Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Black Soot, I cut this out using one of the large size dies from Spellbinders D-Lites - Petite Labels One and inked through the die with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbling Glass. I stuck this at the bottom of the card in the center.

The finished dimensions were 18cm x 13cm .  Thank you for taking a look.

Thanks for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.