Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 2 September 2013

Just For You

Happy Monday to you all, its a start of another week and I had better get my skates on if I want to get these cards on line in time! Hospital appointment this afternoon to review my recent op so busy, busy, busy.

Items Used:
  • Basic White card
  • Creative Expressions Card - Custard & Spring Green
  • Creative Expressions Un-Mounted Stamps - Treasured Memories
  • Crafters Companion Crisalis Classics Christine Haworth CD-Rom
  • Justrite background Stamp - Secret Garden
  • Anna Griffin Embossing Boarder-Pirouette
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive & Black Soot
  • Spellbinders Imperial Gold dies - Gold Labels Four
  • Papermania Embossing Powder - Seafoam White
  • Habico Flat Backed Self Adhesive Pearls
  • Versamark Ink Pad
  • Own Stash - Green Pearlescent card
A fairly easy card to make, it just looks a lot more complicated. For the background I first matted & layered some Creative Expressions Custard card onto my basic White card, I then stamped the  Justrite background Stamp - Secret Garden onto some Spring Green card using my versamark ink pad and embossed it with Papermania Embossing Powder - Seafoam White, I extended this and covered the join with my focal element and sentiment, after setting the embossing powder with a heat gun you are left with a stunning background don't you think? I cut this down to the size that was required and rounded of the corners before taping it down onto the custard card.
Out of Custard card I cut out the background for my focal element using Spellbinders Imperial Gold dies - Gold Labels Four, I used the largest die for the Custard card and inked the die up first with  Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive so the ink would go into the De-bossing parts of the die, I used the second largest die to cut out the smaller layer in  Green Pearlescent card and matted this onto the outer custard layer. I picked one of the images from the Crafters Companion Crisalis Classics Christine Haworth CD-Rom, printed this off and cut it out using the third smaller die from Spellbinders Imperial Gold dies - Gold Labels Four and stuck this in the centre of the Green Pearlescent card as seen.

I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Un-Mounted Stamps - Treasured Memories onto some Custard card  using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot, cut it out using the smallest of the Gold Labels Four dies and whilst still in the die I inked round the edge with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive. When it came to mounting up both of these elements onto my card I felt the background looked 'too busy' to just have these straight on the top so I decided to cut a length of Spring Green card and embossed it using Anna Griffin Embossing Boarder-Pirouette,
I placed this across the card about a third of the way up so it lay just under the bottom of the focal element, I cut it to fit and placed three Habico Flat Backed Self Adhesive Pearls on each end for the finishing touches. By adding this strip of card I felt it made the focal element stand out more rather than it being lost in the background.

I added my sentiment at the bottom using foam pads and the card was finished. The finished dimensions are 8" x 8".

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.