Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 September 2013

By The River

Happy weekend crafters, how will you be spending your weekend?

I have a card suitable for the Men today, can't forget the Men can we? This may be a bit on the plain and simple side but I think the use of the die gives it a decorative focal point, Men don't like really fancy cards do they?

Items Used:
  • Basic 8" x 8" White card stock
  • Creative Expressions Foundation card - Burgundy
  • Creative Expressions That Special Touch Mask - Acorn Leaves
  • Spellbinders Imperial Gold - Gold Labels Four
  • Spellbinders Dies - Fancy Tags Two
  • Joanna Sheen Thomas Kinkade CD-Rom
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot & Fired Brick
I cut a piece of  Creative Expressions Foundation card - Burgundy to 6" x 6", I know by the picture it looks Bright Red, my apologies for that it must have been the light from the flash that did it but believe me it was Burgundy card I used so the actual colour is darker. I embossed this with the Creative Expressions That Special Touch Mask - Acorn Leaves and  matted it onto my base card. I now feel that maybe I should have added an extra layer under this for a better affect.

I printed an image from Joanna Sheen Thomas Kinkade CD-Rom, cut it out with the second largest die from Spellbinders Imperial Gold - Gold Labels Four, out of White card I cut another of the Spellbinders Imperial Gold - Gold Labels Four using the largest die, I matted the image onto the White card and using foam pads placed it in the center of the card as the focal point.

Onto more White card I stamped my sentiment  and cut it out using the inner part of one of the dies from Spellbinders Dies - Fancy Tags Two, I inked through the die with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Fired Brick then matted this at the bottom-center of the card with foam pads.

The finished dimensions are  8" x 8".

Thanks for looking, Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.