Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 September 2013

Hidden Farm

Hello Crafters,

I love the die used on this one there are so many possibilities with it though this was my first card that I made using the die.

Items Used:
  • Basic White 8" x 8" card
  • White card
  • Creative Expressions Foundation card - Spring Green
  • Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies - Twisted Metal Tags and Accents
  • Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites - Petite Labels One
  • Joanna Sheen Thomas Kinkade CD-Rom
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive & Black Soot 
  • Couture Collections Emboss Folder - Damask Serenity Collection - EFC0723154
  • Own Stash - Little Green Gems
I cut a piece of card from the Creative Expressions Foundation card - Spring Green and matted it onto my base card. I then cut a piece of White card to fit just inside the Green card and embossed it using Couture Collections Emboss Folder - Damask Serenity Collection - EFC0723154, I did this twice  to extend the design, if you're careful then you can hardly see the line. I am sorry it does not show up very well in my photographs! In the center of this I placed the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies - Twisted Metal Tags and Accents, using the largest die I cut the shape out of the center, the cut out bit can be used on another card and its already embossed!
From the Joanna Sheen Thomas Kinkade CD-Rom I chose an image of a farm dwelling, I love Thomas Kinkade's work it's so beautiful, I trimmed the image and placed it underneath the cut out, this is possibly the most fiddly part of the card, laying it down on to the Green card so it is in the right position to show through the die shape lol! Once done I mounted some foam pads onto the White card and placed it over the image, this raised it up giving it a nice effect.

Using the Spellbinders Shapeabilities D-Lites - Petite Labels One I cut the largest die in Creative Expressions Foundation card - Spring Green, stamped my sentiment using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot onto White card then placed the medium die over and cut that out, I inked through the die with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Crushed Olive and glued it onto the Green card as seen. I glued this on the card at an angle in the bottom right corner. To balance it out I added three small Green gems in the top left corner and there is my finished card. I hope you like it?

Thanks for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.