Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 September 2013

Red Grasses

Morning Crafters, hope today finds you all well.
I wish to send a very warm welcome to my third follower Kate, its great to have her on board, I love looking at others blogs to see what they have made, after all craft is for sharing, so I would like to share Kate's blog with you today, please do go and have a look it will be worth your while.

http://cuilliesocks.blogspot.co.uk/

A simple card to make today.

Items Used:
  • Basic White 8" x 8" Scalloped Card stock
  • White Card
  • Create and Craft Pearlescent Card 12" x 12" - Red
  • Create and Craft Hat Pins 
  • Craftime - Bead Cage
  • Creative Expressions Pearl Embellishment
  • Creative Expressions That Special Touch Mask - Funky
  • Creative Expressions Heartfelt Sentiments
  • Creative Expressions Micro Beads
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels 20
  • Sheena Douglass Little Bit Scenic Stamps- Silhouette Grasses
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Fired Brick, Black Soot and Rusty Hinge
  • Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
  • Chinese Yuxian Papercuts - Flower
  • Own Stash - Red Polka-dot Ribbon and Red Card, Double-sided Foam Pads
  • Pinflare Silicone Glue
  • Grand Calibar
I first matted and layered some  Create and Craft Pearlescent Card 12" x 12" - Red onto my base card. I cut some White card to fit inside the Red card and rounded off the corners, I stamped two opposite corners with Sheena Douglass Little Bit Scenic Stamps- Silhouette Grasses using Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Fired Brick. I then inked around the edge of the card with Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Rusty Hinge, run it through the Grand Calibar with  Creative Expressions That Special Touch Mask - Funky to add texture then stuck the card down in place.
Out of Own Stash I die cut some Red and White card  using Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels 20, on the White card I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Heartfelt Sentiments I then placed a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Sheet over the top and coated it in Creative Expressions Micro Beads, it was then I cursed myself as I meant to ink the edge with Fired Brick Distress Ink but it was too late and I did not want to waste it so I carried on with a stern note to myself not to rush anything again!
I placed this on top of the Red die cut and using Double-sided Foam Pads stuck it in the center of my card. Because I had forgotten about inking the edge of my sentiment this looked really bare, not nice at all! In my own stash I had some Chinese Yuxian Paper cuts, these are different wafer thin paper cuts of Oriental embellishment, you can get Butterflies, Lanterns, Dragons and Flowers to name a few so I chose one of the flowers that were Red to put in the bottom right corner then added out of my Own Stash - Red Polka-dot Ribbon in the top left corner, on this I added Creative Expressions Pearl Embellishment and Create and Craft Hat Pins, before I put the hat pins in place I added a red bead on each with the silver cup from Craftime - Bead Cage. Craftime do have their own website but I purchased these beads from The Range.
May I add that the glue I use for sticking anything down is more often than not Pinflare Silicone Glue, I love this glue as it holds everything in place, my apologies to 'Pinflare' as I don't mention it enough, we tend to take 'glue' for granted it rarely gets mentioned what glue we use!

There you have the finished card.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.