Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 September 2016

AMOR ETERNO

Morning my crafting friends, hope this finds you all safe and well. I had a request from my daughter last week to make a DOTD wedding card as her friends were having a Mexican themed wedding so here is what I made, it was originally A4 size as we wanted the skeletons on the side but it seemed to big for a wedding card so made it into an Gatefold card. My apologies got to Ang lol! ...


This was the front, I did not want it too fussy so kept to the corner and edge stamps with sentiments and just added a few flowers.



For the inside I chose Creative Expressions Foundation card Rich Plum and Silver Miri card for the layering, although the main colours had to be Pink & Blue I chose these as contrasts.


So I got my Rich Plum card and embossed it with the Sheena Douglass Indian Lattice Embossing Folder so it had some texture. 

I made each skeleton from Sheena Douglass day of the Dead Range of Perfect Partners up in a certain pose, the man with his top hat and cane the woman with her veil and flowers. I even coloured their boots to go with the colour scheme lol!



For the main feature inside I chose the Sheena Douglass DOTD Union of Souls stamp, I got a piece of White card and stamped the couple on then painted Pebeo Drawing Gum over the top, let it dry before I coloured the background with Aquatints Pastels to get the light Blue & Pink then I removed the Drawing Gum.




Using Aquablend pencils I coloured in the couple keeping to the colour theme but adding a little Purple in certain places. Once coloured I ran it through the Sheena Douglass DOTD Frame Embossing Folder, this just fitted round the couple perfectly, I decided not to colour over the embossed area as I did not want the focus lost from the couple and the beautiful deep embossing you get from these folders made it stand out anyway. I matted this onto some Silver Miri card. 

For the inside I matted with the Silver Miri card and Rich Plum  Embossed card but before I stuck down the Rich Plum card I wrapped some Vintage Lace Ribbon round the bottom, not only did this give it a slight vintage look and filled up the empty space but I think the pattern of the lace went well with the DOTD theme. I glued this down in place then added the couple so the bottom of the card just covered the top edge of the Lace.

There you have the finished card. I am happy to say the recipients absolutely loved it and are getting it framed.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

7 comments:

  1. What an unusual wedding card but I have to say I like it it very much. The front of the card is gorgeous and then the surprise of the skeletons Super. Hugs ~Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is some wedding card Jacquie and I bet the bride and groom loved it! Not my thing, but I can see the work that went into it and you did a fabulous job! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie
    Heaven's to Murgatroyd, I'm going to have a word with Toyah lol! For their Mexican theme, they were probably thinking of a nice pinĂ¡ta or sombrero lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh fab card and different and quirky love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and fits the theme perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacquie! Fabulous card, we both combined skeletons and lace this week. lol. Just stopped in to say thank you for the warm welcome back comment. I hope you had a wonderful month! It's great to be back, see you again soon. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.