Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 25 April 2015

Feathers

Hello my crafting friends, good to have you here with me today and I hope you are all having a good weekend.

May I give a warm welcome to my newest follower Jenny L. great to have you on board Jenny. Jenny has a wonderful blog of her own so please do take a look you can view it HERE

Tomorrow would have been my parents 69th wedding Anniversary had they lived to celebrate it, I often wonder what they would look like now, its also coming up to my 10th wedding Anniversary on the 7th May so I had better get my thinking hat on for a card for Hubby lol! Don't know where those 10 years went!


Now I had this small piece of card, that I had stenciled through with modelling paste, that I wanted to use as well as some feathers I had die cut, one being from the coloured background I made for my friends birthday card a few weeks ago, you can view it HERE. I did cut the edge of the feathers down to the spine so they did have the effect of real feathers and once cut they did seem to find there own shape which was rather nice.

I coloured the card with the paste on in Chipped Sapphire, Iced Spruce and Peacock Feathers, matted and layered it onto some embossed card and Teal card.

I added a banner with the sentiment then arranged the Feathers on top so the ends went under the banner and stuck these down.

Inside I added a piece of Teal card followed by a piece of White card to write on.

A tiny card made up of odd bits in my stash box of left overs, I quite like the feathers and may make up a stash for future use.

Items Used;

Crafters Companion Pearlescent Card Teal
White Card
Sue Wilson Embossing Folder Eternity
Clarity Stencils Tangle
Maimer Modelling Paste
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Chipped Sapphire, Iced spruce and Peacock Feathers
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Feathers
Creative Expressions Foundation Card Teal
Creative Expression Unmounted Stamps Classic Sentiments


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx



10 comments:

  1. This is different and it looks great and the feathers do look good, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jacquie,
    Really like your stunning card it is so effective.
    Those feathers and colours are brilliant.
    Have a great weekend
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jacquie, love the feathers and the colour combination too. Happy anniversary to you both soon. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy Jacquie, I sure do get excited when you whip out that modelling paste!! Just stunning! I love those colours together, who would have thunk it!! Happy early Anniversary, the big 10...it does go fast doesn't it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very different I love it Would never have thought to use feathers but it works I love the sentiment - makes a perfect change from "happy anniversary" or " to my husband....on our anniversary"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacque,
    This is fabulous, I love it.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie,
    what a very super creation.
    I love those fab feathers, and your super design of this wonderful creation.
    Thank you so much for the mention.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacquie
    Just my colour palette. Modelling paste? You're getting into this messy crafting mularky, Pamellia stylie lol! Looking good too.
    Hope your coin something nice for your anniversary.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the textured and the colors, so well done.
    and congrats to you and your parents.69? I can not believe it!!! wow...what a role model
    big hugs
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Jacquie, such gorgeous colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.