Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 19 September 2016

Spirited

Hello crafters, its my turn for the inspiration post on the Facebook Inkettes Page, this is a page especially for fans of Sheena Douglass where they can display their creations, every week there are two creations from the DT showing how Sheena's stamps work together, today it was my turn so this is what I created...


I started with my square piece of White stamping card and stamped the beautiful Arch from the Happiness stamp and painted over this with Drawing Gum. Once dry I stamped the Castle Ruins and again painted over this with Drawing Gum. I turned the card round so I had the sky in front of me and with a sponge (old kitchen one cut up will do) I sponged on some of the Pink/Red from the Bright & Beautiful set of Aquatints followed by the beautiful Blue from the same set. I then cleaned the sponge and sponged over again with the damp sponge just to blend the inks then left to dry.

I turned the card back round and brushed over the bottom area with water using a wide brush then with the three Greens from Aquatints B&B, Pastel & Landscape I painted these over the top using a wet brush again to blend the Greens until you have the look you want then leave to dry.

Once it was dry I removed the drawing gum and coloured in the ruins with Aquablend Pencils using a grey first followed by some beige & browns. I then painted over them with a damp paintbrush to blend the colours.

It is then you can touch up any little bits you may have missed because of the drawing gum going over the stamp line, just remember to blend the same as you did originally.

I decided a moon was in order so I drew a circle using a White water colour pencil then started to faux bleach it out a bit at a time so not to soak the paper, I could not get all the colour out but I liked it that way as it looked like it was hidden behind the clouds lol!

Now if you have a moon the light must be shining on something so I took a White Gel pen and just went round the edge of the ruins drawing a very fine line. 

I inked round the edge with Black Soot distress ink then stamped the sentiment from the Falling feathers stamp set with Versafine on the lawn area.   I matted and layered it onto some Black card then the White base card and there you have the finished card.  



Items used:

Sheena Douglass Little Bit Sketchy Stamps Happiness; Falling Feathers and Castle Ruins.
Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card
Aquatints Bright & Beautiful; Landscape & Pastels
Aquablend Pencils Essentials & Naturals
Versafine Ink Pad Black
White Gel Pen
Pebeo Drawing Gum
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot





6 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquie,
    what a gorgeous card, and it is beautifully inked and created.
    You sure have some wonderful atmosphere in this.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jacquie, wow, what an atmospheric sky !!! Really sets the scene perfectly. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Jacquie, the scene is just beautiful. I marvel at you to be able to create your background, just wish I could create something half as good. One again a stunning card, love it. Hugs Jennifer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacquie
    I'm struggling for another word other than atmospheric but that's what it is lol!
    That brooding sky really sets a scene.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.