Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 4 July 2014

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Morning my crafting friends, its Oldies Friday again so thought I would add another cross stitch I did many moons ago.


The reason for this one was through a verse that was spoken in one of my favourite films starring Alan Rickman and Juliet Stephenson. The film is entitled Truly, Madly, Deeply, its also the title of one of my favourite songs by Savage Garden but neither are linked as far as I know!

In the film Juliet character recites the poem to Alan's character (who is the ghost of her lover) in Spanish and he recites it back in English, I adored the poem from when I first heard it and spent ages re-watching the scene over and over until I had all the poem written down! I just had to put it into cross stitch along with a little pattern I found of some trees and fallen leaves.
Its not what a lot of people will like and I am sure that now I could do it a lot more decorative but I'm not going to lol! 

Sorry about the poor photograph, I could not get it without it showing some reflection, hence why its taken at an angle to avoid you seeing my ugly mug in the picture lol!

The beautiful flower next to it is a favourite of mine, an Hibiscus, this is a beautiful Orange colour, so far it only seems to give me one flower at a time although there are plenty of buds on it but it does need re-potting which I intend to do soon and this has been about the third or fourth flower I have had from it.

I shall now have to see what I can find for next Friday lol!

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.