Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 February 2014

Friends Forever

Morning crafters hope this finds you all well? I do appreciate you looking and commenting on my blog, its good to know that you have taken time out of your busy schedule just for me so a BIG THANK YOU  to each and every one of you.

For todays card, as some of you will notice, I have had a go at copying one of Sue Wilson's designs, I so loved this card when I saw it on Sue's blog last week I just had to have a go, Sorry Sue! I do not think I did it justice like Sue, well not got the experience or all of the items but I made the most of what I had and I am pleased with the result. Sorry for the essay everybody!!

I started with some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card for the base, with more of the card I cut to size and pierced around the edge, now I do not have a piercing ruler but have decided I must get one as its so messy without lol! I matted this onto my base card followed by a piece of Purple card from Hunkydory Purple Butterfly card kit, unfortunately it is hidden, you might just catch a glimpse of it in the top left corner but you can see the colour by the center of the flowers!!!

Using more Centura Pearl card I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps-Treasured Memories using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Seedless Preserves then cut an aperture with SB Nestabilities Lables Eighteen and inked the die with the same Distress Ink.

With another piece of Centura card I stamped the Cherry Blossom from Kanban Crafts Clear Stamps using Seedless Preserves again, there was no name to these but they were part of a Chinese set,  I then put a Double Adhesive sheet over the top and coated it in Creative Expressions Glitter Jewel's Diamond Sprinkles, I ran this through the embossing machine using Embossalicious Embossing Folder Regency Swirls, then die cut the aperture using the  larger die from SB Lables Eighteen.  With the piece of White card I die cut the sentiment out of I glued around the edge of the aperture and coated with Creative Expressions Glitter Jewel's Iced Snow then taped it onto the back of the glittered top card so the smaller aperture showed through the larger one. I placed the sentiment onto the Purple card in the position I wanted it and using foam pads on the back of the top card, I attached this onto the Purple card over the sentiment, I hope all this makes sense?

Out of more Purple card I die cut some flowers from SB Die-lites Blooms Four, heat embossed the edge of each petal with Papermania Embossing Powder Seafoam White, stuck three petals together to form one flower then went down in size for the other two. using SB Die-lites Sprigs I die cut two leaves with CC Centura Pearl card.

I made a messy bow, quite a small messy bow, out of Lilac American Binding Ribbon, attached this to the card as seen and placed the larger flower on top, with the other flowers around the aperture of the card. I placed each of the leaves under either side of the bow, added some Habico Self Adhesive Pearls on the right and there you have the finished card. 

I must say this took quite along time to do, longer than I expected but it was worth it.

Dimensions of the card are 7 X 5".

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.