Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 November 2015

Mixed Media Christmas card

Hello my crafting friends, so good of you to come and visit me today. This is going to be a quick post as I am off to Norwich today for a bit of Christmas shopping, can't wait!

I have started my Christmas cards, very late for me but had not time at all before, so I have been playing. This card was inspired by the lovely Pamellia, I saw her beautiful creation and just had to try my own as I loved it so much, you can find Pamellia's HERE its not quite exactly the same but close, thank you Pamellia for your inspiration.



I started by colouring in a piece of card with Pastel Aquatints using the Blue & Green and once dry applied some modelling paste through a metal grid and let that dry overnight, this is where I went wrong as I wished I had sprinkled the embossing powder on top of the wet paste then left to dry before heat embossing it that way it may have stayed only on the circles and not the places in between which I think look a bit messy. I am going to do it again that way so at some time I shall show you the results lol!

I heat embossed it with enamel embossing powder then I distressed the edges of the card a little. I took another piece of card and painted that with Aquatints but using just the Green, once dry I distressed the edge of this too. I matted this onto my base card with Foam tape and attached the top piece too.

I die cut some Christmas Fir branches, Holly leaves, Circles and Reindeer  out of various colour card, the reindeer I inked up and covered with Deco art Glamour dust, the circles I inked with Distress inks Forest Moss and Tumbled Glass, the Holly leaves I rubbed Silver gilding wax all over to add a frost look, I may have over done it a little lol!!! I attached all these on to the card as seen adding a white swirl I found in my stash just under the fir branches.

I coloured some White seam binding with Crushed Olives Distress Ink and made a bow, I did try crushing this by wetting it but this seam binding is so thick it was having none of it so I left it as it was, I placed it over the Branches and Holly leaves then added another bow out of garden twine, which I separated the four strands and used just one. On top of the bow I added a round bead, this was part of some beads I had friends save from their Christmas crackers, you know how sometimes they wrap beads and wire over the ends of these fancy ones, so in past years when we have had our Christmas meal I have claimed the beads lol!!! I attached this with some 3D glue. 

I went round the edge of the card and die cuts with a snow writer but this was a glitter one so it dried clear!!! So I went over it again adding some Deco art glamour dust so it showed up a little. I then watered down some White Acrylic paint and splashed this all over the card using a paint brush, I loved the effect this gave to the card, just like snow. The picture doe pick it up a little if you look close enough.

There you have the finished card.

Items used:

White hammer card
White card
Aquatints pastel set
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Forest Moss, Tumbled Glass and Crushed Olive
Sue Wilson dies Holly leaves
Sheena Douglass Christmas Foliage
Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large
Memory Box Leaping Deer
Deco Art Glamour Dust
Galleria Modelling Paste
White Seam Binding
Gilding wax Silver
Acrylic paint, White and Water

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wow Jacquie, you are blowing me away right now!! How honoured am I that you have cased my Christmas card!! You did a beautiful job, I love your foliage choices and the rich green bow is fantastic!!

    I apologize, I think I skipped a couple steps in my video. You definitely need to add the embossing powder to the texture paste when it's wet, that way you can brush away any excess from the paper after the paste has dried, before you heat up the powder. Also, check out the DecoArt Snow Writer next time you're at the craft store...it dries white and has a wonderful texture to it.

    Thanks so much Jacquie, you have really made me smile today!! Absolutely amazing card, similar, yet totally unique and stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie
    No wound Pamellia is chuffed. You have really taken to the mixed media craft like me to water.
    Love the colour palette you have used and I think Hobbycraft sell the snow writer that Pamellia mentioned.
    Best wishes.
    Am
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie, I love all the texture that is going on with this card, it looks fab and love the colours and added foliage. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening Jacquie, forgot to pop by yesterday, so catching up now. Fab card. The great thing about crafting is our generous nature to share and give inspiration. Well done Pamellia for inspiring you to create a wonderful card. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Jacquie, so many fabulous details and lots of brilliant details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.