Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Two for ya!

Hello my crafting friends, so good to have you join me today, hope you have all managed to stay safe and warm during this 'Barnaby' storm, if I have the name right, gosh knows where they get these names from?

Have you managed to catch any of Sheena's shows? Aren't these flowers gorgeous and so easy to put together. Sheena has two more shows, today at 8am and tomorrow at 12 noon, please don't miss them and all the wonderful demos.

I have two to show you today-


They both show the Sweet pea and I decided I wanted a lovely Yellow flower, after all Sweet peas do come in such a variety of beautiful colours. For this I first coloured the background with Distress Inks then stamped Sheena's Fusion Sweet Pea onto the card and coloured that in with Distress Inks. I stamped Sheena's Simply Scripty stamp all over the card using Versamark Ink Pad then heat embossed with White embossing Powder, love the look this gives to a background. 

Over the top of this I placed my Sweet Peas spreading them out across the card, I made a couple extra as buds. I added a sentiment and matted and layered up with Yellow card and the White base card and there you have the finished card.


For this one I did a background of Aquatints Pastels, you have to have this quite watery and coat in salt and leave to dry overnight, in the morning just rub off the excess salt and you are left with an original background, no two are the same believe me. I then inked through Sheena's Distress Stencil with Gold Aquatint in two of the opposite corners. In the middle I stamped a sentiment and placed my Red Sweet peas to the side of the card.

I matted this onto Gold Miri card before attaching it to my base card, there you have the finished card.

Two lovely cards but very different I am sure you will agree.

Sheena still has more wonderful shows on Create and Craft at 8am today and 12 noon tomorrow. 

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

8 comments:

  1. They both look wonderful, very real, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! I love how the flowers look like they have a reflection in the cool water and the second one is so elegant with the touches of rich red and gold!! Love!!!!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant cards Jacquie, love them both.
    Hugs
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jacquie, your cards are stunning, I love the design and those flowers look so real. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Jacquie. Great flowers. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really gorgeous designs Jacquie.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie
    Wow! Both cards are fantastic but for a change with me, its not the florals attracting me (lovely as they are) its the wonderful backgrounds you have created. Love that scripty stamp.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Jacquie, such a lovely stamp and you have created gorgeous backgrounds.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.