Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 December 2015

White Poinsettias

Morning my Crafting friends, well December is finally here, still cannot believe how quickly this year has gone. have you done all your Christmas shopping yet? I still have a few items to get but those will have to wait till next pay day lol!

On Saturdays post I showed you a card inspired by Pamellia, well I loved the background so much I made two cards so today I am showing you the second one.


I made the background the same way by splodging Aquatints pastels onto the card using the Blue & Green, mixing them round till you get your desired effect. I distressed the edge of the card with scissors.

Through a metal grid I added some modelling paste and let it dry before adding embossing powder, now as I did this the same time as the other one I obviously made the same mistake, you should put the embossing powder on top of the wet paste then let dry before heat embossing that way you wont get the embossing in between the circles like I did! I matted this onto some card I had coloured with just the Blue Aquatint then splattered a mixture of Acrylic White paint and water over the whole card.

I die cut some Poinsettias out of some canvas and added a crystal gem in the center of each one then placed them in the bottom right corner along with some Christmas foliage, the branches were just painted green, the Holly leaves were cut out of Rich Green card then Silver gilding wax was applied on top to give a frosty appearance.

I added a little sentiment at the top and a little swirl behind the branches and there you have the finished card. As I said on Saturday's post I shall try this again but put the embossing powder on the paste before it dries lol!

Items Used:

White Card
Spellbinders Poinsettia
Spellbinders Holly Leaves
Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners Christmas Foliage  
Aquatints Pastels
Galleria Modelling Paste
Hobbyhouse Sparkly Gems 
Embossing Enamel
Canvas Material 
Gilding Wax Silver


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful arrangement with the poinsettias.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jacquie, yes Christmas shopping well under way, got most of it ,just a few bits and Bobs to get. Started concentrating on food and drink now....it never ends. I bet it's left to us women to do all the work. Love your card, especially the background, will have to have s go soon. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS!! Ok, I was going to ask last time about these Aquatints but now I just need to know...what the heck are they and how can I get me some! You have created a wonderful effect on that background, a stunning backdrop for your poinsettia arrangement! Well freaking done my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Jacquie, I just love that background effect and the poinsettia's are gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacquie
    Another super creation. The background is terrific.
    Me sorted for Christmas? Not a bloomin chance....ask me in January lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.