Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Horse!

Hello today to all my crafting friends, hope this finds you all safe and well, lots of hugs to those who may not be.

Thank you all for your kind comments Sunday concerning the Vicar, no one else seemed to mind so I guess it was just us few that thought it was a bit disrespectful, my Uncles family certainly never complained anyway!

KarenLotty - yes I did hand cut round the Rectangles shape after embossing this way it leaves just enough for a boarder.




I decided to do a card made of stencils, so I started with my basic 6"X6" White base card, cutting more White card to size I stenciled through the Doodle Crosses stencil with Distress Inks Cracked Pistachio, Bundled Sage, Brushed Cordroy, Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo, then I used more Weathered Wood and Black Soot to go through the Funky stencil just around the edge.

For the focal point of the Horse I cut another piece of White Card and first embossed through the stencil then stenciled in the horse over the top to give it just a little dimension. Sadly these images do not show this up.

I then proceeded to continue around the Horse using the same inks and pattern as before in the background to try and match them up!

Once complete I adhered the image to the background by matching up the pattern as it is on the card, which leaves the card focal point at an angle.

This possibly would look better in more brighter colours rather than the dull look it has here. I have left the sentiment off the card until it is used.

Items Used:

Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card
Creative Expressions Sam Poole mask Doodle Crosses & Funky
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Cracked Pistachio, Bundled Sage, Brushed Cordroy, Weathered Wood, Vintage photo & Black Soot
Sweet Poppy Stencil - Horse


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

10 comments:

  1. Morning Jacquie, I can see what you have done in the photos - cery clever. Thanks for the link for my stitching card today, I have entered the challenge. I don't know where you find all these challenges ? Have a good day. Janice x
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jacquie! Amazing work with the stencils, tricky and so effective! Your horse is just incredible and I love the scalloped base! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Jacquie, I love the way you have matched up all of your stenciling - very effective.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant I fogey to use my masks/stencils Mental note made to self! I like the colours you've used but I suppose it could be done with brighter colours but I prefer the ones you've used

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS thanks for answering my question re the hand cutting the border I admire that coz ai know I'd not be able to make it as lovely a job as yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous stencil and color Jacquie and the love the scalloped background.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie
    Sorry, blogger wont let me comment in your last card. . . . .thought you had barred me for disorderly conduct lol!
    The vicar thing did remind me of the Rowan Atkinson one from Four Weddings. . . . . very impersonal.
    Anyhoo, this is fab. Better than an Ali Reeve!
    And horse? Yes, I am still. Lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jacquie,
    This is great, love your technique.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.