Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Daisy Chain Circle

Hello my friends, good to have you back with me again today. Hope you are all okay? Lots of hugs going to those who are not.


I have been playing again with these lovely stamps designed by John Lockwood, I adore Daisies and I loved these with the Bubbles around them, yes John I have added more bubbles lol!

I decided I wanted to make a Daisy Chain and as one of the stamps is a small Daisy off I went...It bought back many happy memories sitting in my Mom & Dad's front garden on the lawn which was full of Daisies and we would pick them and see who could make the longest daisy chain, simple I know but happy times.

So I started by cutting a piece of Spring Green card and die cutting a circle from the center, to work round otherwise it would not have been a circle!!! I stamped each Daisy so the petals were touching and was quite pleased with how it came out equal, I did not have to leave a gap or push one in lol!
I coloured these in with a roller ball pen in White and a Promarker pen in Yellow for the center although this does not show up to well. The pen coloured these in lovely, you could use paints or other White pens. I liked the way this looked.

I cut a piece of White card to size then choosing another of the stamps I stamped around the edge using Black Soot to give a boarder, I did not count this one out so well as the bottom is one short! Placing the Green card on top I marked out where to stamp my image for the center of the card. Taking the Green card away I stamped my image but decided I wanted more bubbles, can we have a bubble stamp on its own John without an edge please, or maybe there is one in your other sets, I shall have to look lol! This stamp does have an opposite corner with just bubbles but as it was in a frame I had to keep cleaning the edge so it did not stamp onto the card, there is a little smudge just under one of the stems of Daisies where the stamp was still too wet from me cleaning it, I did the best I could to cover it up but it is still visible lol! I proceeded to paint the petals using the White Roller Ball pen and Promarkers for the rest of the Daisies. The bubbles I coloured the edge using Promarkers then coloured them in again with the White Roller Ball pen.

I stamped my sentiment at the top then matted and layered it all with Foam Tape onto my base card which I had matted with another piece of Spring Green card.

On the inside I lined it with more Spring Green card and made a boarder  for the edge using the same stamp I used for the boarder on the background. I cut a circle out of White card to place on the inside for a message to be written on. There you have the finished card. I am quite pleased with it, do tell me what you think, good or bad.

Items used:

Creative Expressions John Lockwood Stamp Set - Daisy Corner
Creative Expressions Foundation Card - Spring Green
White Card
Roller ball Signo Pen - White
Promarkers - Canary, Lime Green, Forest green, Pear Green and Pastel Blue
Spectrum Noir - GG1
Spellbinders Standard Circles Large
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot
Foam Tape

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


13 comments:

  1. Oh wow Jacquie this is so beautifully stamped. Loving the flower borders.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Jacquie,
    Love, love, love your stunning card. The stamping is amazing, I would never get so many images so perfect.
    Brilliant colours and design
    Have a good day
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mrs J
    After visiting John, I had to pop straight over lol! Yes, you really need to talk hahaha! I too have been playing with these stamps this week but will save it till next week lol!
    This is so delightfully Spring looking with the freshness of the green. Love it!
    Off to enjoy my day off in the Sun!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card JaAcquie. Brought back many childhood memories of daisy chains and wearing them on our head as a daisy crown. Ah, those were the days! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful stamp Jacquie love daisies too...great colours and design.xxx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jacquie, this is stunning!! I love how you used the stamps to create frames around your layers and the central image is so wonderful! Beautiful fresh green colour, so striking with the black and white! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Jacquie, the main daisy image is gorgeous and your 'daisy chain' has brought back many fond memories of my childhood.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the repetition ...it makes a nice design.
    love your card and green so perfect my fav. color!
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Jacquie. Pity the simple pleasures of making daisy chains have gone - kids now only know computer games. I have great memories of going with my parents and picking primroses at the side of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful design Jacquie, the image with the stamped daisy chain is perfect.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful design Jacquie, the image with the stamped daisy chain is perfect.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and it makes me smile I remember making daisy chains too We used to wear them as crowns and bracelets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.