Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 8 February 2014

Follow your Dreams

Morning Crafters, hope all is well with you and that you all are enjoying your weekend.

I had another play in the week, this time the Sheena way! I am using one of my NEW Embossing folders!!!  I finally got the time to have a play so yes I had to use one as they have been sitting there looking at me since they arrived the other week!

For the base card I used Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card, I ran a sheet of Creative Expressions Foundation Card Custard through the E-Bosser with Sheena Douglass Embossing Folder Curly Swirly, inked around the edge with TH Distress Ink Antique Linen and matted this onto the base card. 

Using the back of more CC Centura Pearl card I inked randomly with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Seedless Preserves, Antique Linen and Bundled Sage then embossed this with Sheena Douglass Embossing Folder Flying Beauties, I inked over the top of the embossed bit lightly with TH Black Soot inking all around the edge too. This made the embossed image pop out, it was hard not to get any ink on the card itself but I don't think it ruined it. I sprinkled a little water over the card to give it an effect but did not do too well with that lol!

I wanted to make the Dragonfly and larger Butterfly stand out a bit more so I painted them with diluted Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders, this gave a nice sheen to them, forgive the pun!!! I was happy with this so did no more than to mat it up onto some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Pastel Card Lilac and attach it at an angle on the front of my base card.

Using more of the CC Centura Pastel Lilac card I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps Treasured Memories with TH Black Soot and die cut with SB Nestabilities Standard Circles Large, I placed this on the front of the card as seen and there you have the finished card.

This was quite a quick card to do though a little messy!

Card dimensions are 5 X 7".

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.