Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Balloon Ride

Morning crafters, hope you are all well and have had a good weekend. I do feel for those in the floods, my Daughter in Cornwall has said it has not stopped raining since Friday, they were okay where they were though, the camping was in wooden huts not tents, so they were not too bad and they had access to a hot tub! Just as well really lol! They had a good time and that was what counts.

For todays card I thought I would have a play, a little Sheena play! Did not turn out as I hoped but hey it's only a piece of card right? lol!

For the base card I used Crafters Companion Centura Pearl card. To start with I cut a piece of centura card and used the back to stamp on, I tore a sheet of White paper to look like hills and stamped on the card with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Crushed Olive, then I did the same for the sky trying to rip the paper to form clouds and I inked these up with T.H. Tumbled Glass.

Along the bottom of the card I stamped the grasses from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Scenic Silhouette Garden using TH Black Soot, then stamped the trees from Katy Sue Designs Silhouette Stamps-Trees & Flowers again using TH Black Soot. I inked around the edge of the card also with Black Soot. I then matted & layered this onto Black card and then onto the base card.

Using Cheery Lynn Die 'Hot Air Balloon' I die cut the balloon, then realized it die cut all the pieces out so it just left the frame which I coloured Blue & Yellow and the basket Brown using Promarkers. I then embossed the die and cut it out so I had a base to glue the die bit to, I coloured this in Red Promarker so it stood out. I quite liked the look of this as it made it look a little 3D. I placed this on the card as seen, now I am not sure whether it looks right, is the balloon too big? What do you think?  Anyhow I decided to leave it and so die cut the sentiment out with SB Die-lites Petite Labels One and inked through with TH Tumbled glass, this then looked like a cloud, rather a big one but still a cloud lol!

There you have the finished card, dimensions are 5 X 7". See you Thursday.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.