Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 May 2014

Never Forget...

Morning crafters, hope this finds you all safe and well and enjoying the weekend despite the weather! We have had a mixture here one minute its nice and sunny the next its absolutely chucking it down with rain lol! At least in between showers I managed to get a load of washing dry.


Sorry folks and Ang, I am still on the Sheena Douglass Taste of India set and I have not got through half of it yet lol! I am trying to spread them out a bit so you don't get too bored with them. Today is one of my favourite animals the gentle giant the Elephant, I have loved Elephants for as long as I can remember and Elephants never forget right lol! So the sentiment that goes with this image is most fitting. I did not want anything else on the card, just the Elephant and sentiment, of course I had to mat and layer the card with a colour that matched his blanket to set the image off so I chose a Fushia Pink card from Lidls, now those of you who know me will know I am not a fan of Pink but I like the Orange and Pink together for the Indian theme and seeing as I have loads of pink card left from the Lidls lot it was an easy choice!

I stamped the Elephant with my Versamark Pad then heat embossed with Papermania Embossing Powder Black Sparkle. I painted the body of the Elephant, toes & tusks with Acrylic paints and the blanket etc with Creative Expression Cosmic Shimmer Mica Pigments.

The sentiment was stamped using Tim Holtz Distress Inks Black Soot.

There you have the finished card, a nice quick and easy one.

Dimensions 6" X 6"

If anyone is interested Andy Pelos, lead vocalist from Showaddywaddy is doing a 10K event on 2nd August to raise funds to save the Elephant family, you can donate on https://www.justgiving.com/andypelos

Thank you for looking, I really do appreciate you taking time out to look at my blog and I love reading your comments, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.