Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 April 2016

The Country Life

Hello my crafting friends, cannot believe its been a week since I last posted, I am really sorry for my absence but I have been quite busy!

Now our lovely Sheena Douglass has a One Day Special on Hochanda 24th/25th April showcasing some 'old' but wonderful stamps so here is my first one to show you.



I decided I wanted to have an aperture on the front of the card so went the whole hog and did three layers!!!

I first cut my cards to size then with the Sheena White Stamping Card I embossed my Sheena Douglass Country Life Embossing Folder Loosestrife, I coloured this in with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Victorian Velvet & Crushed Olive then die cut the circle from the middle using the largest die from Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and put to one side, I then repeated this with the Sheena Black Card and base card going down a size with each die matching them up carefully.

On another piece of White Stamping card I drew the fields and hills with Spectrum Noir Aquablend Pencils then wet my paintbrush and painted with just water to release the beautiful colours in these water colour pencils. Once dry I stamped the Tractor from Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners The Country Life and coloured it in with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Rusty Hinge, Forest Moss and Hickory Smoke. On another piece of card I stamped the Loosestrife from the same stamp set, coloured it in with the Aquablend Pencil then cut it out and placed it at the bottom of the card. I then die cut the fence using Sheena Douglass Perfect Partner Fields of Gold 'The Country Fence' die. I painted this Brown with the Aquablend Pencils and placed it over the Loosestrife at the bottom of the card.

I stamped my sentiment from The Country Life using Black Stazon and inked round the edge with Victorian Velvet. To finish the card I painted over the loosestrife on the front  with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens Clear to add a little touch of sparkle. I then adhered the card together.

Please don't forget the shows and see what beautiful creations the rest of the Design Team have made.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jacquie, I love the design . Hugs Jennifer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Jacquie. It looks so fresh and clean on the front and then youturn to the inside and see all that work! Super. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jacquie, what a work of art, inside & out!! Love the design. Janice xx http://Createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Jacquie, wow what a stunning design, love the flowers, scene and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful choice of colours on this gorgeous card, lovely in all ways.xx

     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacquie
    Brilliant card. The texture on those flowers looks grand and the aperture through to that scene is great.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.