Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 20 July 2015

Elf & Fairy

Good Monday Morning to you all today, hope this finds you all safe and well, plenty of hugs to those who need them.

Well I am sure you will know by now (if not why not, have you not been reading my posts lol!) the lovely Sheena Douglass has a 4 day deal starting this morning over at Create and Craft showcasing her new and beautiful Christmas Perfect Partners designs. These are dies and stamps to match and they are gorgeous. 
May I add the card we use for all these are Sheena's White stamping card and Black card, they are 300gsm but I have never seen such wonderful thick card as in these, they are beautiful to work with and seem a lot more than 300gsm. Good price too.

So today you have a double helping as I am showing you the two other Elf & Fairy you have in the sets, these are the sitting down poses but a little snip here and there and you can have them posing anyway you want them to!!!


I made a card showing a pile of presents  that the lights wrapped round and perched the Elf as if he was sitting on the bottom present himself putting on the lights!

I think this card really shows up the beautiful colour of the Pebeo Iridescent paints, unfortunately you cannot see the shine from them here. I love the little Elf posing on the box, I just snipped into the knees and bent his legs down into a sitting pose, very easy to do. Elf was coloured using Spectrum Noir pens.
I added a little sparkle in the background by gluing through a stencil and adding glitter in the top left corner of the card.




My second card is a monochrome one showcasing the sitting down pose of the Fairy. I have kept the card fairly simple using  one of Sheena's Christmas folders, painting over with white Gesso then sanding it back to reveal the words. I then ran some acetate through the Icicle folder (both folders were on her last shows), I rubbed Silver gilding wax over the icicle design then attached it to the top of the card with Snowflake brads.



The fairy I die cut & embossed, layering her up and painted her using Black Soot, her wings were cut and embossed out of White card but then heat embossed with Black embossing powder. I sat her at the bottom of the card as seen
The whole card was then matted and layered onto White then Back card.

I hope you like these, I have more to show you over the next couple of days so I hope you don't get bored with them lol!

Items used:

Sheena Douglass Little Elf die set
Sheena Douglass Little Fairy die set
Sheena Douglass Santas Little Helper stamp set
Sheena Douglass Fairy stamp set
Sheena Douglass Christmas Words Embossing Flder
Sheena Douglass Icicles Embossing Folder
Sheena Douglass White Stamping card
Sheena Douglass Black card
Sheena Douglass Distress Stencil
Pebeo White Gesso Acrylic paint
Pebeo Iridescent Paints
Spectrum Noir pens
Snowflake brads
Crafters Companion Heat Resistant Acetate
Glitter
Ranger Archival Black Ink


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

7 comments:

  1. Morning Jacquie, two great card's but I prefer the coloured one. Have set the record button for Sheena`s slot. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jacquie, two fabulous cards loving the images and your design are wonderful . On the whole I think the first one is my favourite .will record the show. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful and I like how different they are to other Christmas items available at the moment I particularly like that cheeky little elf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards Jacquie, very different designs - I think the coloured one is my favourite.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Jacquie, these are so amazing!! I am loving the string of lights wrapped around your stack of gifts, so much fun! You greyscale card is atmospheric and completely stunning, love the contrast between the two styles! You rock! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun, I love all your designs, they really are fabulous, in fact, your blog is brilliant. Yes, I have finally found out how to blog and comment hee hee. I am so looking forward to see what you add and get up to over the years. Luv jo xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.