Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 July 2015

Silhouette Fairy

Hello my blogging friends, good to have you visit me today. I have been rather lacking in my posts of late so I do apologize.

Today's card is another one I made for Sheena Douglass, this one did feature in the shows. I did change the pose of the Fairy for this one too.


I thought it would be nice to show a simple Monochrome card so I matted and layered up some Black & White card, between the two layers I added some Black Satin Ribbon. The top layer of White card is actually an embossed piece of White card which does not show up too well on here but it does have beautiful swirls all over it lol! I sprayed it with some Iridescent glitter to make it sparkle, again lost in this photo!

On some more White card I stamped the Mushrooms and painted them Black & Grey, cut them out and positioned them in the bottom right corner.

I die cut and embossed the sitting Fairy out of Black card and snipped into her legs and arm to reposition them as seen, I made her wings out of acetate and heat embossed them with Black sparkle  embossing powder, folded them in half and stuck them to her back then sat her on top of the Mushrooms.

Using more Black Card I die cut the little Butterfly and heat embossed this with Pearl Lustre embossing powder, now this gave a lovely hint of green to the black card, which again does not show up in this photo, sorry!!!

I did not add a sentiment as I felt this could be used for almost any occasion so left it blank.

Items Used:

Sheena Douglass Little Fairy Die Set
Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card
Sheena Douglass Black Card
Sheena Douglass Little Bit Magical Enchanted Doorway (Mushrooms Stamp)
Crafters Companion Embossed White Card
Crafters Companion Kimono Kimono Butterfly
Crafters Companion Heat Resistant Acetate 
Crafters Companion Spray & Sparkle Iridescent
Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder Tropic Pearl Lustre
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot ( For Painting Mushrooms-watered down)
Black Satin Ribbon
Papermania Black Sparkle Embossing Powder 


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

12 comments:

  1. I love the CAS look to this card Jacquie - yet there is so much going on. I can clearly see the lovely embossing and looking carefully I can see a touch of iridescence on the butterfly. It's a shame the camera doesn't pick it all up but your card still looks lovely. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,love the silhouette fairy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jacquie, I love blk and wht. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that silhouette Jacquie, I have purchased some in the silhouette store but not used as yet, love the classy look xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jacquie! The black and white is such a great combo, makes everything seem crisp and clean. The subtle embossing in the background adds an extra bit of elegance to this beauty! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacquie,
    beautiful black and white card today.
    Super stamped images, and great design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie, I love this card, the black and white fabulous and the fairy and mushroom, the way you have positioned them is great. A super super card. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely black and white design with the embossed background Jacquie.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Jacquie, a stunning card in monochrome. Makes the fairy stand out all the more. Have a great summer hols.....should see more blogs from you now lol!!! Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely I like how you've altered her pose looks brilliant in black & white and not Christmassy at all

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card. I love the shading on the mushrooms and I can see the embossed background which just finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.