Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday 26 September 2014

Golden Angel of Peace

Morning crafters, so nice of you to join me today, I hope this finds you all safe and well. We are at the end of another week, the days seem to fly by, getting too close to Christmas lol!

Today's post is a card I made last week, I wanted the Angel done in Gilding flakes so that was fine but then I decided to cover the frame with micro beads, I now think it would have been better left alone or covered in snow diamond glitter! Do let me know whether you agree or not. I tried photographing it in different places around the house to show it at its best but failed, I could not get the light on the card to show all the detail so I have included the best four, sorry for the overload of piccies lol!


I decided as I was using Gilding flakes that Black card might show her up more, so for my base card I joined two sheets of Black card together to form an 8"X8" base card and matted it up with Gold card.

With another sheet of Black card I cut to size and covered with Double Sided Adhesive sheet, ran it through the E Bosser in an embossing folder then die cut the Angel & Dove out of the center(this I will save for another project later). I peeled back the Adhesive sheet and coated it with Micro beads, as soon as I had done that I wished I had used glitter as it looked so dull, even though the embossing still showed it looked rather dull, nice texture though lol!

Now as I wanted the Angel aperture to be done in Gilding flakes I added a piece of Double Sided Adhesive sheet on the back of the Black embossed card before attaching it to the base card, I then covered the aperture with Gilding flakes, I loved how this turned out. 

As I had used the Dove to go with the Angel (with this die you have several items to use to put into her hands)I thought the Peace die would be fitting, so I die cut this out of Gold Card and attached it to the top left corner. There you have the finished card.

Here are another couple of images for you:



One taken on the garden table, thinking it would show up more outside in natural light! I liked the reflection lol!

                                The other one was a side view.





Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.