Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 August 2014

O' Tannenbaum

Morning my crafting friends, my oh my August already, just don't know where the time goes, is it me or do the years seem to go quicker? Perhaps its like they do as we get older!!!

I may be off for a while as I am going away soon, taking my son with me to my sisters in France, he has had a rough two years so the break will do him good. Leaving hubby at home to look after all the animals lol! Bless him hes got his parents house to look after too as they go away the same time! I think this will be one time he will be glad to see me back lol! Will try and get some posts scheduled but can't promise, I will check back with you all on my return if I can't get on Big Sis computer lol!




I have always liked the O' Christmas Tree hymn, especially in German, so when I saw Clarity Stamps had it in English and German I just had to get the stamps! There's me saying no more spending! I had already ordered the Tree die from Crafters Companion (would have liked them all but that would be greedy lol!) so how fitting I thought to put the two together! Well I was hoping the verse would fit inside the Tree cut out but sadly not quite! Still, I tried, I am usually used to either putting a insert inside for the verse or covering the inside with paper or card however, you can't do it with these as obviously you would cover the die cuts on the front, you could just cover the back. Anyhow, this was my second attempt, the first I did in White and tried to rub Distress ink over the top of the embossing but made a nice mess, ( the little tree on the front is from that card! )the embossing is not as deep as I had hoped so next time I will try spritzing it with water first. For this one I just sanded the embossing on the front so you got some detail then added a little glitter to the snowflakes.

The verse I put onto Vellum and heat embossed with White embossing powder, was not sure whether you would be able to read the verse but its not too bad. I chose a Red Rust coloured vellum to set off the Green card, these cards are nice that you get the little die cut from the middle so the little tree can sit on the front or be used on another card, great  with a  few of them with Reindeer's in front, like a forest!! They make nice quick cards.


Items Used:

Creative Expressions Rich Green Card
Crafters Companion Des'ire Create A Card Christmas Tree
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Bundled Sage
Creative Expressions Glitter Jewels Diamond Snow
Coloured Vellum
Clarity Stamps O Christmas Tree German Verse


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.