Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 April 2014

Happy Easter

Morning crafters, sorry I have not been on lately just not had the time to do any crafting but hopefully that will change now I am on holiday. I have tried to keep up with all of your posts, if I have missed anyone then I apologize.
I would love to give a very warm Welcome to two new followers Diane from Charmingly Creative and Flora from Craft Lark, they both have beautiful cards on their blogs so do go and take a look, welcome ladies.

Had a great evening last night, went to see Showaddywaddy at our local Town Hall, brilliant, brilliant show, great guys, met them all afterwards. Well worth seeing if you like Rock 'n' Roll and want a very entertaining night.

I have made this card for my Daughter & her partner for Easter, we are going up to see them Easter weekend so I will take it then, cheaper what with the cost of postage now. I chose this image for my card as my Daughter does a lot of sewing in her spare time making Surf Board Socks for Billabong and now she has an order for Wetsuit bags to go around USA, so her spare time is limited what with her day job as a Solicitor, I am so proud of what she has achieved all by herself.





On the back of some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Card  I stamped my image from Joanna Sheen House Mouse Designs Rubber Stamp with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot, coloured it in with Promarkers and die cut with SB Lables Twenty. Whilst in the die I inked round the edge with TH Bundled Sage. It was the fact I had chosen the Green ink for the edge and Purple for the Lambs hat & scarf that made me decide to keep to these two colours throughout the whole card.

I used the Creative Expressions Spring Green card for the base followed by some Lidls Purple card which I embossed using the Regency Swirls Embossing Folder(cannot remember who this is by), I placed a strip of paper from Hideaway Premium Paper Pad 6X6 vertically across the card as seen and attached the image in the center of this towards the bottom. 

I made a messy bow out of a piece of Green Satin Ribbon from Fantastic Ribbons and attached it to the top left corner, I did at first place a sparklet gem in the center but felt the card looked too bare so I took it off and attached some Papermania little Satin Rose Buds in the center of the bow and trailed them down to the image, I then decided to carry up from the image to the sentiment that I printed on the PC, die cut again with SB Lables Twenty and inked again with Bundled Sage. Adding one more Satin Rose in the corner, the other side of the sentiment, finished the card. I could have added more satin Roses round the bottom of the image but did not want to over kill on the roses!

The finished dimensions are 7X5

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.