Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Blue Wedding


Morning my crafting friends, hope this finds you all safe and well, I hope you Mothers out there had a fabulous Mother's day and was spoilt rotten, my son made me a beautiful card which I will show at the end of this post, and cooked dinner for us as well as mowing the lawns for me. My daughter lives in Cornwall so it was hard for her to spoil her Mom other than by some beautiful flowers. 

Thank you all for the fabulous comments you have made of late on my posts, Ang I am sure you would have laughed if you had read my post earlier, perhaps I should have left it lol! Reading it you would have thought I was drunk rather than tired and I can assure you it was the latter lol! We did have a most enjoyable evening.

Remember I mentioned that other Wedding card I was doing for one of the gals at work whose dress is Sliver & Royal Blue with some feathers well here is my card to go with that! She does not know about my blog so there is no fear of her seeing it on here.

I started with my base card joining two sheets of Silver Miri card together to make roughly an 8X8 card, I matted and layered some Lidls Blue card followed by more of the Silver card. I inked up the Craftwell Embossing Folder, that I had with my E Bosser, with my Versamark Pad and placed inside a different shade of Lidls Blue card, I ran it through the E Bosser then sprinkled some Papermania Sliver Embossing Powder over it and heat embossed, as you will see not all the areas were covered but that is how I wanted it otherwise I felt it would be too much. I cut this to size and matted it onto my card.
Using the Silver card and some Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Ivory card I die cut the Tonic Emily die two times and embossed it once with the Lidls Dark Blue card, cutting it around the edge. I attached the Ivory outer piece onto my card then after layering the silver piece onto the embossed Blue card I matted this over the top, turning it round so it was at a different angle as seen. With the inner piece of the Ivory die cut I stamped my sentiment from Creative Expressions Un-mounted Stamps Kind Thoughts and attached this into the center of the Silver frame so it slotted into place perfectly, I feel the card needed this Ivory to break it up a bit as the Blue and Silver was a tiny bit overwhelming on its own. I chose three White Feathers (The Range) and arranged them in the bottom right corner and attached a Hobby House Embellishment Ocean Aurora on the bottom of the feathers to hide where they all joined. I was quite pleased with the finished results and it makes an unusual Wedding card!

 There you have the finished card, dimensions are 7.5 X 7.5


Here is the card my Son made for me, I wish I had been a fly on the wall as he had to keep trying to hide from me and find where certain  items were as well as work out how to use the E Bosser lol! He said he did start it one night when I was in bed then realized how noisy the E Bosser was so stopped!!! Bless him, it had a beautiful verse inside too.

Sorry for not getting round to looking at your posts yesterday I hope to catch up today when I finish work.


Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.