Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Christmas Snowdrops

Hello my crafting friends, the time has come again for our Sheena to grace our screens, on Thursday she has shows showing her wonderful Perfect Partner Victorian Flowers again on Hochanda 25th August at 10am, 3pm & 6pm, then on Friday 26th we have the most wonderful Perfect Partners Scenic Winter dies & stamps the shows are on Hochanda at 
26th August 10am, 1pm & 5pm
27th August 1pm & 5pm
28th August 11am & 3pm I hope you can view at least one of the shows to the see the Design team beautiful samples.

I did not do any of the samples for the Victorian flowers but I did do some for the Scenic Winter


 one inch flap either side.

I first took two sheets of Black Card and scored in two inches from each end then at one inch from each end, this gave me two folds either end of both cards both measuring one inch.  The second  fold goes back away from you the first fold comes forward, make sure you get a good crease on both of these folds, 

With one of the sheets of card I placed my Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners Scenic Winter Christmas Snowdrops in the center and die cut it out and then embossed it. This left the beautiful open card at the front with the beautiful snowdrops in the corner. I rubbed Pebeo Gilding Wax over the embossed areas using just the Silver for the snowdrops and the two Golds for the leaves.

For the back of the base I cut a piece of Sheena Douglass White Stamping Card to size and stamped the beautiful Sheena Douglass Perfect partner Scenic Winter Snowdrop Cottage scene, I painted over it with Pebeo Drawing Gum then painted the sky using Spectrum Noir Aquatints Pastels Pink, Blue & Yellow. Once that was dry I rubbed off the drawing gum and coloured in the scene with Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Pencils. I then die cut the little snowdrops from Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners Scenic Winter Snowdrop Cluster, coloured them with Aquablend Pencils then attached them over the ones in the scene. These make the image that little 3D, you don't have to attach them you can leave the card flat if you wish but it does add to the whole image. I attached this to the center of the second sheet of Black card (inbetween the two second score lines either end of the card) to form the backdrop.

Now to put the card together. The first fold is the one at the end of each card, it is this fold on either end that you glue with the first fold on the second sheet so you have the two one inch flaps either end. With the two second folds on either end going away from you, you should have formed a box. I hope this makes sense silly me did not take a photo of the sides so you could see!!! I hope you can see from the image looking straight at it the second fold goes in to form the sides of the box where the first fold sticks out to form the flaps at the sides. If you can imagine the second sheet at the back would be turned over to face the first one (before you attach the stamped image). Oh dear I hope I have not confused you? I think it is called a Diarama card so maybe the instructions will be on the internet.

Once it is glued together you can then embellish it as much as you like, I left it as it was as I did not wish to take the eye away from the gilded corner.


and a you tube one...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13wTYxnec4s    I hope these may help.


Thank you for looking Jacquie xxx



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous crd Jacquie, I love the scene and your card design is gorgeous. Super instructions. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, love the way the scene looks set in the background, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie
    Fabulous how you have got the perspective on this. The foliage really frames the scene.
    Hope your cards get shown ont telly as they deserve to be.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.