Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 February 2016

Flying Colours 18th

Hello my crafting friends, good to have your company today, I hope you are all safe and well. I really do appreciate all your comments and I sincerely apologize if I have not got round to commenting on your blog, don't know where the time goes, I have not even been able to do any crafting this past week as I have been busy with 'life' things, they do get in the way of our crafting don't they?

Today I have a card I made for my husbands second cousin for her 18th birthday which was last week.



I knew I wanted the card to be Gold & Purple so I mounted a piece of Plum card onto my White Base card then I cut a piece of Gold card to size and stamped over the edges with Dragonflies, Butterflies and Feathers using my Versa mark glue pad then heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.

I ran this through the Rose Vine embossing folder then inked over the embossed parts with Black Soot, this gave it quite a vintage appearance. I matted this onto my card.

I die cut the decorative square out of more Gold card and placed it in the centre of my card, using the smaller die I die cut this out with more Gold card. I got some sticky numbers 18 and inked them with my Versa mark pad then heat embossed with Purple embossing powder. I stuck these in the middle of the smallest die cut and placed this on top of the larger die cut.

Using Black card I stamped the Butterfly and Dragonfly with Versa mark and heat embossed with Black embossing powder. I then chose some Pebeo  paints and painted the Butterfly and Dragonfly. The irridescent paints really make them stand out, especially on Black card. Once dry I cut these out using a craft knife and glued them into place on the card.

I wanted to put her name on the card so using Plum card and the Alphabet bunting I die cut the letters needed, stuck them onto some ribbon and placed them on the card as seen. There you have the finished card.

Items used

Sheena Douglas Little Bit Sketchy Falling Feathers
Sheena Douglas Little Bit Scenic Flying Colours
Crafter's Companion Diesire Embossalicious Embossing Folder Rose Vine
Tattered Lace Alphabet Bunting
Creative Expressions Foundation Card Plum
Pebeo Iridescent Paints Green Yellow & Green Blue
Pebeo Paints Oriental Violet
Papermania  Embossing Powder Black, Gold & Purple
Tim Holt Distress Ink Black Soot
Spellbinders Decorative Curved Square
Versa mark Glue Pad
Ribbon
Create and Craft Linen Card Gold
White Base Card

Thank You for looking, Jacquie xxx

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the fab design and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so stylish, beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, this is stunning Jacquie!! That blue just jumps off the page, wowzers! I love design and the background is fabulous. Really can't go wrong with butterflies and dragonflies! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon jacquie, I agree with Pamellia, the butterfly and dragonfly really stand out of the page. Beautiful. Janice xx
    Http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacquie, OMG this is exquisite, The design if wonderful and the dragonfly and butterfly are amazing with that vibrant blue. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jacquie,
    This is stunning. I love everything about it, from the background to the finishing touches. Brilliant.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie
    What an amazing card. You can see the sheen and detail beautifully.
    Love it!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacquie,
    what a brilliant card.
    I love everything about this superb creation.
    You are so very clever.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.