Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 July 2016

Vintage 50th Card

Hello my crafting friends, hope today finds you all safe and well? Today I am showing the third card I made for colleagues at work, this one was for someones 50th Birthday. For a special birthday I never put the age on as I know some people can get really sensitive about a 'special age'.



For the background I matted some pretty patterned paper, these may have came with the Flights of Fantasy CD ROM from Crafters Companion, I say 'may' as I am not sure as I have had them so long but I love this pretty rose one and I wanted it to have the vintage look about it which I thought this had.

I cut a piece of White card to size and inked it up with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet I then stamped Sheena Douglass Little Bit Festive Christmas Stamp Set Vintage Postcard at an angle on the piece of card using Tim Holtz Brushed Cordroy Distress Ink and stamped the rose from Sheena Douglass Little Bit Festive Christmas Set Christmas Child underneath it. I then stamped the rose three more times on pieces of card, cut it out and coloured in with Spectrum Noir Aquablend Pencils then decoupaged the layers. I rubbed Pebeo Gold Gilding Wax round the edge of the card then placed it at an angle on top of the pretty paper.

I stamped my sentiment from Justright Large Fancy Sentiments onto a piece of card I had coloured the same way as before, backed it with a piece of the patterned paper then attached this to the card as seen.

To finish the card I made a bow out of Pink Organza Ribbon and placed that in the top left corner and added some Pink gems in two of the opposite corners.

I am glad to say the recipient loved the card and was the only one who thanked me for the card out of the four I made!!!

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love everything about it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jacquie! Love the popped up flowers, great way to add a touch of dimension. Big shabby sheer bow, love it! Beautiful card! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie
    Glorious card. The decoupage flowers are lovely and love the postcard.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously designed card, love those papers and colours.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous I agree with you that sometimes people don't want the age placed on a card But I've also found that some people are so proud they've reached a milestone, they want to shout it from the roof tops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty and vintage looking xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.