Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 July 2015

Silhouette Elephant Paisley

Hello my crafting friends, its time for challenge 13 over at http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/  so I do hope you will come and join in the fun. We have 3 fabulous sponsors for this challenge:

 Fabulous prizes on offer from our wonderful sponsors.

 Prize ~ 7 free digis

Prize ~ $10 digi shop credit


Prize ~ $12 Gift Certificate








My card was made from a beautiful Silhouette digi from Bugaboo Stamps http://www.bugaboostamps.com/Silhouette--elephant-paisley_p_2287.html  as soon as I saw this image I thought of all the wonderful China Elephants we had around certain cities a couple of years ago so I chose this one to colour in using lots of different colours. 


I started by printing off the Elephant digi three times and coloured in each one the same using Spectrum Noir pens, I then started to cut into two of the Elephants so I could decoupage her. The bottom layer was the whole Elephant, the second layer I cut off the two legs from behind then the third layer I just had the head and ears, the tail was kept from the bottom layer,  after colouring each one I pasted them with glaze to add the shine. I stuck these together using foam pads.

My base card was made from Black card matted and layered with White card then more Black card. The top layer I embossed with the Mandala Embossing Folder, I used some glitter glue round the edges of each of the embossed flowers then placed the finished Elephant in the center of my card. 

For my sentiment I made a small tag using  basic tags die, White card and Teal card, I stamped the sentiment onto the White part of the tag and attached it to the Elephants tail which I thought looked rather cute!

There you have the finished card, dimensions are 7"X5".

Items Used:

Bugaboo Stamps Silhouette Elephant Paisley 
Black Card
White Card
Sheena Douglass Taste of India Embossing Folder Mandala
Glitter Glue
Foam Pads
Creative Expressions Foundation Card Teal
Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps Kind Thoughts
Spellbinders Basic Tags 
Spectrum Noir Pens 
Archival Ink Black
Pinflare Glaze 

Please do go over to http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/ and see all the other beautiful creations from the rest of the team.

Thank you for looking, Jacquie xxx

17 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquie, a beautiful creation love the 3D and your colouring is superb.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love how you added touches of colour to this silhouette, stunning Jacquie, beautifully done.
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jacquie, wow I love this elephant, so cleverly done adding the dimension and the Mandala embossing folder was just made to enhance this elephant. The tag looks great hanging from her tail. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jacquie, I love the layered elephant and wonderful colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Jacquie, simply stunning!!!! Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Jacquie, love the way you have done the elephant, looks fab, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your creation Jacquie. So rich looking. I love the dimension too.

    Hugs.
    Lynn, LPOCF DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your creation Jacquie. So rich looking. I love the dimension too.

    Hugs.
    Lynn, LPOCF DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME!! This is just fabulous Jacquie! I love the bright bold colours you used on your elephant, and the way you layered it up is just brilliant! The white background was the perfect choice, let's your gorgeous elephant to shine! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacquie
    Marvellous elephant. Reminds me of one I did a couple of years ago with a definite Asian style.
    Looks great decoupaged too.
    Its more than likely to be me who nods off downstairs(usually dribbling, with a crick neck) than hubby lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME!! LOVE this image and the beautiful colours you've used. Great dimension with your paper tole. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Jacquie, great contrast between the white background and your fabulous elephant.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. striking colors, great card
    TFS
    hugs from california
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job with this card, love the details with the 3D and the embossing texture is awesome. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Leanne DT Sista!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jacquie,
    oh this is so superb, and lovely.
    wonderful designing.
    When you first mentioned about cutting off different part of the elephant I got quite scared as I thought you be add up for harming a stamp if there is such a thing. lol.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super fun card Jacquie! I love that elephant, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Jacquie,
    Love, love, love, your brilliant elephant.
    A great card
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.