Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 October 2014

You are Loved

Morning my crafting friends, hope today finds you all well, soon it will be Halloween and then Christmas, just don't know where this year has gone.

Today's post shows a card I have sent to my Daughter, she has just split up with her partner of 5-6 years so its a very hard time for her as well as a shock, anyway I sent this to let her know we are all thinking of her, by 'we' I mean the family lol!

May I give a warm Welcome to Loll my latest follower, so glad to have you on board. Loll has a most wonderful creative blog of her own you can find her here: http://www.stampingwithloll.com/  Please do go and have a look at her wonderful work.


My base card was  a sheet of A4 White Textured card folded in half and matted up with some Periwinkle card.  I found some old embossed card in variety of colours so I chose the peach colour, though it does not show up as Peach in the photos sorry! In the center I die cut the outside of the Vienna die and attached it to my card using Foam tape to raise it up.

Out of White card I die cut the inner of the Vienna die and placed this down in the recess of my card.

Using the Old Oak Tree Stamp I stamped it onto White card, masked off a circle for the Sun and using distress inks as paints coloured it in as seen. Once dry I gave it two coats of Glaze which gave it a Matt finish, a third coat would have given it a gloss look but I wanted a Matt look. I added foam pads to the back and placed it in the center of my Austrian die.

I added a small bow in the corner then stamped my sentiment onto White card, die cut it out with Circle die and inked whilst in the die to match the Blue card.

There you have the finished card.

Items Used:

Create and Craft White textured Card
Creative Expressions Foundation Card Periwinkle
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Vienna
Sue Wilson Stamps Old Oak Tree
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Fired brick, Black Soot, Dried Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire & Forest Moss
Spellbinders Standard Large Circles
Fantastic Ribbons Pastel Blue Polka Dot
Embossed Card-not sure whether it was Hunkydory or Crafters Companion
Creative Expressions Unmounted Stamps Treasured Memories

Thank you for looking, Jacquie J xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment I do appreciate it. I love to read what you think of my creations and I hope you will visit me again.